At this point, you are asked to complete the web journey questions. Each link (the title of the lab) has a set of questions beneath it. Using the link, answer the questions that follow. Note that links open up a new browser window.
Please include the questions and answers when you submit your assignment in the dropbox. Use appropriate headings in your assignment. Submit the work as one file attachment. This means you complete all work in one word processing document (e.g., Microsoft Word) and attach the file using the dropbox tool. Submit your work in Unit 3: Lab Questions dropbox.
The answers to the lab questions are worth 10 points.
Unit 3 Lab Questions
- Describe the Mona Lisa.
- Describe three elements or principles of art found in the Mona Lisa. How are each used?
- Why do you think this piece is considered one of the greatest works of art?
- What does this drawing tell of da Vinciâ€™s work?
- Whose work does da Vinci reference in his notes with this sketch?
- Why do you think this sketch is one of the most recognizable sketches in the world?
Art critics should use logical reasoning and support their arguments using visual evidence. Choose one of the sample student analysis essays from the website and find the work of art it references. Read the analysis and look at the artwork. Then, answer the following:
- Does the essay accurately describe the artwork? Does it mention the important features that make the artwork distinctive? Explain.
- Do you think the writerâ€™s arguments make sense based on the visual evidence? Do you find the arguments convincing? Why or why not?
- How would you have analyzed this art? What different points would you have made, and why?