Watch the movie â€œLean On Me” starring Morgan Freeman.
Answer the questions below in one to two pages.
- Explain and describe the â€œcorporateâ€ culture of the High School before and during Joe Clarkâ€™s administration?
- Joe Clark establishes his authority right away and maintains his authority throughout the movie. Using the textbook, how would you describe and assess Mr. Clarkâ€™s organizational interventions?
- How does he do this?
- How does his style of leadership get him into trouble?
- How does his style of leadership help him to succeed?
- What were the “positives and negatives” associated with Mr. Clarkâ€™s organizational interventions?
- Even though the term â€œCrazy Joeâ€ was used for Clark’s actions of locking the school doors and carrying around a baseball bat, his dealings with his teachers may truly be most indicative of his being â€œcrazy.â€ Please briefly describe any other thoughts you had pertaining to the movie and its relevance to the OD subject matter.
- What does Mr. Clark do to flex his muscles over his teachers?
- Is he ever able to mend the problems?
- Case studies should include a brief introduction and conclusion.
- Use complete sentences, structured paragraphs and proper grammar/mechanics.
- Use what youâ€™ve learned in your weekly readings to help formulate your responses.
- Feel free to use resources outside of your textbook to support your responses as well. Cite ALL sources, including the textbook, in APA 6th edition format.
- Review the grading rubric for case study assignments prior to completing this assignment.
Please see the attached document for more information and the rubric for this assignment.