- To complete this assignment, you should select a movie or a media event of your interest and use interpersonal communication theories to explain one or two of the following aspects: 1. Your response to major relationships reflected in the movie or the media event. 2. Your own arguments on using theories to explain similar relationships in real life. 3. Your own critique of the theories from practical and theoretical perspectives.
4. Cite academic sources in your paper, avoid blogs and articles without source. Recommended movies:
- Good Will Hunting (1997)
- Sense and Sensibility (1995)
- The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
- Four Weddings and a Funeral (1994)
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
- Slumdog Millionaire (2008) For an example of analyzing media event, please refer to Marshall’s (2010) article. Directions Your paper should include the following components:
- What theory or theories do you choose to analyze the relationship reflected in the media content or media event? Introduce the theory and its implications.
- How do you apply this theory to other relationships in real life?
- Provide your own critique to this particular theory.
1. Introduction to the media content/event