Read the following articles:
- Opioid-related Overdose Deaths (Links to an external site.), by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health in May 2018: Number of Opioid-Related Overdose Deaths, All Intents by City/Town 2013-2017
- Strategy to Combat Opioid Abuse, Misuse, and Overdose (Links to an external site.), by the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services: Strategy to Combat Opioid Abuse, Misuse, and Overdose: A Framework Based on the Five Point Strategy
- Refer, as needed, to Chapters one through four in Co-occurring Disorders: Integrated Assessment and Treatment of Substance Use and Mental Disorders to re-familiarize yourself with the necessary components to effectively treat co-occurring disorders if needed.
Please be sure to answer both questions:
- Does this article about the proposed Five Point Strategy effectively address the problem of co-occurring disorders?
- Support your stance either way. What are the elements that are either present or missing that make this an effective or ineffective strategy?
- Based on the data from 2013-2017, what are your initial impressions?
- What can you infer about the data? What additional information might be useful to know?