GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
Literature review (5-7 pages) identifying research-based strategies and practices in the literature that can be used as solutions for addressing a problem or issue related to your proposed topic.
The requirements are as follows:
- Locate a minimum of eight articles and online resources related to best practices for your proposed topic. These articles must have a publication date within the last 5 years. The majority of these resources must be empirical articles. An empirical article is one in which the author has conducted a study about a particular instructional practice and is reporting the results.
- Organize your literature review into sections that present themes or identify trends, including learning theories, theoretical or conceptual frameworks, instructional strategies, and trends related to your proposed topic. These are just examples.
- Your literature review should be 5â€“7 pages, written in APA format using in-text citations, with at least eight corresponding references.
Resources: Applications of Action Research and Cultural Considerations
- The articles below provide examples of action research integrating different approaches to supporting learning with games or technology integration.
- Fengfeng, K., & Abras, T. (2013) Games for engaged learning of middle school children with special learning needs. British Journal of Educational Technology, 44(2), 225â€“242. doi:10.1111/j.1467-8535.2012.01326.x
- National Association for the Education of Young Children, & Fred Rogers Center for Early Learning and Children’s Media. (2012). Selected examples of effective classroom practice involving technology tools and interactive media [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/PS_technology_Exa…
- National Association for the Education of Young Children. (n.d.). Technology and young children. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/content/technology-and-young-…
- National Association for the Education of Young Children. (2009).Where we stand: On responding to linguistic and cultural diversity [PDF]. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/file/positions/di…
Addressing diversity and access for all are also vital for your action research plan. The following Internet article includes some points to watch for and also some organizations that may be useful:
Resources: Preparing a Literature Review
- Key considerations regarding developing literature reviews:
- Nature and Purpose of Literature Reviews [PDF].
- Literature Review.
- Writing a Literature Review [PDF].
- Reviewing the Literature.
- ED-FPX5306 Action Research Library Guide.
- Teaching and Learning Research Guide.
- APA Style and Format.
- APA Citation â€“ Citing a Journal Article.
- APA Citation â€“ Citing a Book.
- APA Citation â€“ Citing a Website.
Finding and citing resources for your literature review: