Module 5 – SLP
DSP Research Proposal Presentation and Approval for Proposal Defense
Within Module 5 SLP you will submit your edited and completed DSP Proposal within the prescribed DOC 800 Dropbox which will be properly archived for use by you and your DSP Chair for final review and preparation of your DSP Proposal Defense upon completion of this course. You should incorporate the necessary edits and reviews contained within this course in order to strengthen your final DSP Proposal draft for your eventual prospectus defense.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: The written component of this assignment should contain the completed DSP Prospectus with the necessary edits contained within the peer-review process.
Organization: Topics and chapter section slides should adhere to the DSP Proposal Template.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.com and proofread your paper before submission.
As you complete your assignment, make sure you do the following:
- Stay focused on the precise DSP Proposal Template sections. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your literature review to justify your proposal.
- Cite at least 10-15 credible resources.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
- Assignment-driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment
- Critical Thinking/Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem, and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
- Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
- Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery applying APA formatting standards to both in text citations and the reference list.
- Professionalism and Timeliness: Assignments are submitted on time.