Subject: Emerging Threats & Countermeas
Attacks on our national infrastructure are already happening. And the expectation is that they will continue to increase at an accelerated rate. For this week’s discussion, we’ll cover threats to our nation’s pipelines. To get started, read this article:
After reading the article, start a discussion thread and discuss how the types of threats discussed in the article could impact our economy, and how implementing Diversity and Commonality (as discussed starting in chapter 4) could help mitigate these threats.
You must do this following:
1) As indicated above, discuss how the types of threats discussed in the article referenced above could impact our economy, and how implementing Diversity and Commonality (as discussed starting in chapter 4) could help mitigate these threats. Discussion Topic (Around 500 to 600 words) need to submit before Wednesday Noon (today is Monday).
2) Select AT LEAST 2 other students’ threads and post substantive comments on those threads. Your comments should extend the conversation started with the thread.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What did you learn from your classmate’s posting?
- What additional questions do you have after reading the posting?
- What clarification do you need regarding the posting?
- What differences or similarities do you see between your posting and other classmates’ postings?
* Amoroso, E. G. (2012). Cyber attacks: protecting national infrastructure. Elsevier.