The projects (optional) will promote independent study in the area of information security. The list of project topics is provided below. Only one student will be assigned per topic. The final allocation of project topics will be done on the ‘first-come-first-served’ basis. All selections must be made by 3 Oct 2019 before Exam 1. The project will be completed as follows:
- 10-12 max page long written report submitted no later than Nov. 14 (1.5 line spacing, 11-point font size),
- 15-min oral presentation on Nov 14.
The project assessment will be based on the following criteria out of 100 points:
- written report: content (coverage, depth of understanding reflected) â€“ 50 pts
- written report: quality of writing (ease of understanding, structure, syntax, proper citations, reference section, etc.) â€“ 25 pts
- oral presentation (clarity and general understanding) – 25 pts
List of projects: Solely extraction from Google etc. will not gain you any points. However, you must state why it is an asset and/or a vulnerability and what to do about it to improve the state of the art in ubiquitous daily computing. What are the pros and cons in terms of Risk Assessment and Risk Mitigation? Your suggestions.
Topic: SQL Injection