To familiarize you with the innovative approaches to manufacturing being used today; learn that the same ethics, corporate responsibility, and commitment to shareholders apply to both for-profit and not-for-profit companies; and to focus on just-in-time inventory management systems, continuous improvement, and lean manufacturing techniques.
Discussion Forum Instructions:
Ball Corporation uses operations management to transform raw materials, human resources, parts, supplies, tools, and other resources into containers using processes of fabrication and assembly.
- Identify another company known for producing products in the United States.
- Write your opinion regarding the company’s contribution to the economic stability of the United States addressing the following:
- Is the company noted for their manufacturing processes?
- Is the company increasing or decreasing productivity?
- Is the company hiring workers or firing workers?
- What are some of the environmental factors affecting the company’s production capabilities?
- Your original thread post should be at least 300-words and be substantive. Use terminology and examples from textbook and other valid resources. Cite and list your sources using the Modern Language Association (MLA) 7th Edition (Links to an external site.) style for a works cited by accessing the Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) (Links to an external site.) website at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/12/