You MUST have the book and READ the book “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy.
After the due date/time for the individual response, return to the discussion board to begin the Sharing Circle. You’ll begin this by taking the time to carefully read and consider each of your peers’ Individual Responses. The specific questions and guidelines for participating in the SC are listed below. The SC is an on-going discussion that will continue from Friday night to Sunday night when the week is over. All SC posts must follow these guidelines:
- Create one SC post for each peer in your group
- Will focus on the specific questions provided
- Will be about 100 words in length
- Will be a response that is thoughtful, respectful, but challenging
- Upload the reaction posts by replying to each peer’s Individual Response
As a classroom courtesy and to work toward earning full credit for the Writing Circle, take some time at the very end of the week to give short replies of acknowledgement and thanks to your peers who have posted to your individual response and joined you in conversation.
- Read the Individual Responses of those in your peer group.
- Reading others’ writing often leads us to ask questions. What point does your peer make that raises a question for you? Address that question with your peer. As part of your conversation, discuss possible answers to the question that may lead to a better understanding of the topic of the assigned material.
- Discuss briefly in your conversation one idea in your individual response that differs from the ideas of your peer.