(5a) A mass “casualty” event is one that will typically overwhelm and exceed the medical and mortuary capabilities of a single community.
Read the Case Study on pages 338-339 of your text and answer the following questions:
- What would you expect to see at a scene like this?
- What actions and steps would you take and why?
- Please discuss what types of assistance you would call in for help and why?
- How would triage and the initial assessment of the victims be handled?
- How would you handle stress debriefing?
- Please write your answer to these questions as if you were the Incident Manager.